Ahhhh the amount of free time after graduation was all I was thinking about during the exams. But now there’s too much of it and it’s bothering me.
After a few weeks of only watching tv shows, it was time to actually DO something. So when my friend suggested making a mood- board about something that’s on your mind– I grabbed my old teen vogues (of which I had double), a pair of scissors and a gluestick and got working.
It took me a whole 2 weeks to complete my project; during which I dropped water on my poster twice, totally destroyed my room with paper scraps and had mini heart attacks every time my baby brother came in my room.
Tips if you’re as bored as me and want to do something with your life:
- When you’re busy with the poster, don’t have ANY liquids in the area. Even if you put your poster in a place where you think it’s safe, there are little brothers and sisters who are out to ruin you and your projects
- Don’t eat oily foods that can drop on your magazine clippings, it will kill you with regret. Actually don’t eat anything at all.
- Before you use your gluestick make sure its compatible with the magazine paper. I suggest dry gluesticks, wet gluesticks leave your paper wet. obviously.
- Before you start sticking your findings, place them in the order you want and take a picture, this way you can always change the order when your mood changes every minute like mine does.
- Make a good playlist, not one where you have to always bend over and skip the song. Also I recommend you not to use headphones because it gets restricting. But i understand that if you have a family you can’t blast the music. Bluetooth works fine too I guess.
- Mood- boards are what you want to make of it, don’t think there’s only one type of board that you can make. There are different types of boards with for example only text, printed images, magazine clippings, models, hair, etc.
FINISHED MOOD -BOARD
it’s a trifold poster with on the inside another miniature trifold poster. as you can also see my mood board never stayed the same. in the top picture the mini trifold poster is closed and on the last picture it’s open. please don’t mind my little brother or my toes 🙂
I live on a tiny island called Aruba, which is surrounded by water (island, duh) I love the way water just goes with the flow. The oceans make up most of the planet’s surface and sometimes cruel, proves that it’s one of the strongest forces on earth.
I’m also so inspired by strong girls/women that are just KILLING the game. People like Zendaya and Liza Koshy are so intelligent and brave — putting them selves out there for the whole world to see.
In our society it’s sometimes hard to deal with ignorant people and I think that’s a huge fear for boys/girls men/women you know, dealing with the hate people have towards you just because of your gender, skin colour, job, opinion etc
*insert cheesy quote*
DON’T LET ANYONE’S IGNORANCE, HATE,DRAMA OR NEGATIVITY STOP YOU FROM BEING THE BEST PERSON YOU CAN BE – anonymous
I think you can subscribe? I’m not sure, but join me on social media to be up-to-date when I post (every thursday)
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post as much as I enjoyed making it!♥♥♥